Financial social assistance is designed to meet minimum living needs at a level that allows survival and it is determined by the Act on Social Security Benefits. You are entitled to the financial social assistance in case the income per person does not reach the limit of income that is legally prescribed.
From the 1st of June 2018 the basic amount of the minimum income is 385,05 EUR and from the 1st of January 2019 it will be 331,26 EUR. To harmonize this difference, the basic amount of the minimum income from the 1st of August 2018 until the 31st of December 2018 is 392,75 EUR.
You can obtain financial social assistance if you live in Republic of Slovenia and you are:
- a citizen of the Republic of Slovenia with permanent residence in the Republic of Slovenia,
- a foreigner with a permit for permanent residence in the Republic of Slovenia and actual permanent residence in the Republic of Slovenia,
- a person that can benefit from financial social assistance and protection allowance based on the international acts that are valid for the Republic of Slovenia,
at the same time, you do not have enough resources to survive, you do not have the wealth and savings that would allow you to survive, and you actively try to solve your social problematic.
The beneficiary of financial social assistance is:
- a person who cannot survive by working, working rights or insurance, income from property and other sources, or by compensation or remuneration under other regulations, or by the help of those who are obliged to support this person, or by any other way, determined by law,
- a person who cannot provide for himself and his family members the amount of the minimum income for reasons beyond his control and has exercised the right to receive financial benefits under other regulations and the right to exemptions and benefits under the corresponding valid legislation rules.
Financial social assistance depends on the level of income, the number of family members, property, savings and guaranteed care, and the possible existence of the fault reason (for example, failure to report to the Employment Service of Slovenia, imprisonment, etc.)
Informative amount of financial social assistance in 2018
|Status||Amount in EUR|
|the first adult person, or a single person or an adult who is in institutional care||392,75|
|the first adult person or single person who is operatively active in the range of 60 to 128 hours per month||494,87|
|the first adult person or a single person who is operatively active more than 128 hours per month||593,05|
|a single person between the age of 18 and the age of 26 who is registered at the Employment Service in the register of unemployed persons or in the register of job-seekers who have registered permanent residence at the same address as their parents or reside with them and parents have enough funds for subsistence||274,93|
|a single person who is permanently unemployed or permanently incapable of work or who is older than 63 years (woman) and 65 years old (man) who has registered permanent or temporary residence at the same address as persons who are not family members and have enough resources for living, or living with them||298,49|
|every subsequent adult person||223,87|
|every subsequent adult person who is operatively active more than 128 hours per month||325,98|
|every subsequent adult person who is operatively active in the range of 60 to 128 hours per month||274,93|
|a child of the person who has the right to social assistance until this person is obliged to take care of the child in accordance with the regulations governing the maintenance obligation||231,72|
|an increase for each child in a one-parent family where the other of the parents has died and the child is not receiving any income after it or the other parent is unknown, or when the child does not actually receive a second parent income for the livelihood||70,7|
* for the actual amounts shall be taken into the account the basic amount of the minimum income from the 1st of August 2018 that represents 392,75 EUR.
In case a single person has certain funds lower than the amounts listed in the table, the financial social assistance may only represent the difference up to the amount specified in the table.
For the family, financial social assistance is determined by summing up the above specified amounts, which belong to individual family members, and then deducting the total income of individual family members, if there are any incomes.